Wordings Quality Control Technician
Bell & Clements is a specialist insurance company offering expertise in underwriting, broking and capacity management provisions for Excess and Surplus (E&S) lines insurance solutions. The unique combination of broking and underwriting divisions provides the ability to quote and bind risks through inhouse binding authorities, while providing customers with access to Lloyd’s, US and international markets. Bell & Clements has been part of the Munich Re Group since 2007 and is a registered Lloyd’s broker. There are over 120 staff based across the London headquarters and two U.S offices in Virginia and New Jersey with close collaboration throughout.
Bell & Clements offers industry leading technology solutions that benefit both customers and inhouse processes. Being part of the Munich Re Group enables an inclusive culture that is progressive and ambitious with an established employee benefits program.
Based in London, the Quality Control Department currently has a team of 3 employees.
The Role – Wordings Quality Control Technician
To work with the Underwriting, Broking and Technical departments to both a) provide expertise and support in all matters regarding policy wordings/certificates/clauses, etc. and b) review and ensure the quality of Underwriting/ Broking files and contract documentation in terms of compliance, accuracy and to ensure that B&C meets it regulatory requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Quality Control check of technical documentation in respect of In House risks and Binding Authorities, such as quote/binding sheets, confirmations of cover, and accounting entries to ensure they match the specifications and meet both regulatory requirements and the terms of any delegated authority, in accordance with Bell & Clements internal guidelines.
• Assist with resolving queries from other departments and offices in relation to policy wordings, clauses, contract documentation, accounting entries etc.
• Assist with the drafting, development and review of new and revised wordings and clauses, as required either for new business/programmes or as required to comply with changes in regulation or market practices.
• Assist with the periodic review of files in line with Bell & Clements Internal Audit Framework.
• Maintain up to date awareness of market practices, FCA rules and other relevant legislation/regulations, particularly as relating to wordings, clauses, Binding Authority Agreements and other contract documentation.
• Assist with monitoring compliance of Bell & Clements obligations with regards Contract Certainty and TCF.
• Attendance at regular Wordings/Quality Control team meetings and wider Technical department meetings.
• Assist with ad hoc projects for the Quality Control team, Technical, Broking and Underwriting departments and Compliance.
• To embrace and actively implement the core principles of Continuous Conversations (Commitments, Feedback and Development) as part of daily activities and with other colleagues.
• Take ownership of and make personal and professional development a priority as part of Continuous Conversations.
• In line with Continuous Conversations, establish and achieve development aspirations and needs through the setting of commitments and giving and receiving frequent, constructive feedback (referring to resources provided for support).
Skills and experience
• Previous experience in a policy wordings or underwriting role essential, in particular US Property/Transportation would be a distinct advantage.
• Good standard of literacy, accuracy and attention to detail.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Flexibility and ability to meet deadlines.
• MS Office skills essential, knowledge of insurance/broking systems desirable
Terms and Conditions
• This position is offered on a Permanent basis
• Annual salary will be dependent on the skills and experience of the successful candidate
Bell and Clements is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.