Claims Operations Manager
- Manages a team of Claim Analysts who are directly responsible for Claim Intake, Disbursements, Recoveries, Claims Data and Reporting, Bordereau Processing, Audits and MGA and TPA Coordination.
- Serves as a peer and backup for other Claim Operations Managers at MRSI, and thus maintains a strong knowledge of the systems and workflows used by other Claim Operations Managers so that work can be easily shared and co-managed across the U.S. and the U.K.
- Mentors, coaches and motivates direct and indirect reports across the MRSI Claims department.
- Supports claims-related activities and projects being led by other MRSI divisions, including Accounting, Finance, IT, Actuarial, Compliance, Outlier Management, TMO, Product, Underwriting and Analytics
- Ensures that work queues assigned to the Claim Operations Team in Outlook, SharePoint, ISyCL, Workflow, Claims Bridge, Duck Creek and other claim administration systems across MRSI Claims are being successfully and accurately processed in a timely fashion.
- Interfaces with external vendors and partners, including TPAs and MGAs, and serves as the primary point of contact and subject matter expert for transactions that are assigned to the Claim Operations Team.
- Assigns work and distributes tasks across the Claim Operations Team.
- Communicates with peers and senior managers across MRSI, MRAs and MRAm.
- Identifies process improvements, new reports and system enhancements that will improve the efficiency, quality and productivity of the Claim Operations Team.
Key Skills and Experience
- 5 or more years of claims-handling and/or claims bordereaux experience
- Experience with claims admin systems, automations solutions, operations best practices
- Ability to prepare presentation documents and present to senior leadership
- In-depth knowledge and experience with P&C/ Specialty claims operational functions—including first notice of loss, claims adjusting support, and payments/ settlement
- Proven ability to manage organizational change, to involve and influence others to accept new ideas or innovative approaches, and lead in a team-based organization
- Ability to interact collaboratively and work effectively with a multi-functional team and throughout the organization; foster an environment of shared responsibility and accountability
- Strong analytical skills and mindset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Analytic and technical ability to develop reports, metrics and improvement plans
- Advanced computer skills to include fluency in the Microsoft Office Suite
GCSEs, A–C Grades essential A Levels / Diploma (preferred)
Terms and Conditions
- This position is offered on a permanent basis.
- Annual salary will be dependent on the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
Bell and Clements is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.