Bell & Clements is a specialist insurance company offering expertise in underwriting, broking and capacity management provisions for Excess and Surplus (E&S) lines insurance solutions. The unique combination of broking and underwriting divisions provides the ability to quote and bind risks through inhouse binding authorities, while providing customers with access to Lloyd’s, US and international markets. Bell & Clements has been part of the Munich Re Group since 2007 and is a registered Lloyd’s broker. There are over 150 staff based across the London headquarters and two U.S offices in Virginia and New Jersey with close collaboration throughout.
Bell & Clements offers industry leading technology solutions that benefit both customers and inhouse processes. Being part of the Munich Re Group enables an inclusive culture that is progressive and ambitious with an established employee benefits program.
Why join us?
We are a responsible employer, a value-adding partner, and an innovative name in the insurance market. Building on a proven industry background over 35 years, we have developed and grown a unique and market-leading brand. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Munich Re, we have access to the expertise, products and risk appetite of one of the largest and most successful insurance groups in the world. Our business is continuing to grow, and a key commitment is to not only expand our team through recruiting new roles but also through development opportunities to ensure we are always supporting our talented experts in their career journey. Our talent pool makes us who we are, and our inclusive culture means we are looking to continue to build our team with broad expertise, diverse backgrounds, and ambitious employees. Being part of Bell & Clements provides access to multiple health and wellbeing benefits, work and life balance initiatives (including hybrid working),financial wellbeing packages as well as training, development and career opportunities.
Reporting to the Underwriting Management Analyst within the Management Underwriting department, you will provide analysis that enhances all the Underwriting areas of the company. This includes analysing the performance of contracts, catastrophe modelling and assisting with producing underwriting plans.
- To provide analysis for Managed Underwriting, for both the overall portfolio and individual proposals. This includes analysing the performance of existing contracts and the underwriting requirements for prospective new contracts.
- To carry out catastrophe modelling on a regular basis to enhance the underwriting analysis.
- To play an active role in the production of underwriting plans.
- To provide statistics to aid the renewal of contracts and annual underwriting plans.
- To work with IT, other units of MRSI and third parties on data and analysis projects as required.
- To liaise with clients to enhance the performance of their contracts.
Key Skills and Experience
- Experience in an underwriting support role preferred.
- Experience in delegated authority preferred.
- Exposure to US property business preferred
Analytical skills / experience:
- Previous experience in an analytical role.
- An understanding of insurance statistics.
- Need to have an analytical mindset and be able to work innovatively.
Desirable IT skills:
- Experience of using RMS Risklink is required.
- SQL would be very desirable in order to query databases.
- Tableau would be useful.
- Excel would be essential.
- This position is offered on a permanent basis
- Annual salary will be dependent on the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
- Annual leave - 25 days per year (not including bank holidays), increases with length of service
- Health & Wellbeing – our offering includes private medical insurance for employees, their partners and their families, a Digital GP service and an allowance of up to £550 per year for any activities and/or equipment which supports health and wellbeing.
- Hybrid and remote working – to support your work balance we have introduced hybrid working. You will be provided with designated office desk space , with support to work from home up to a maximum of three days per week
- Flexible working hours – the opportunity to flex your working hours.
- Professional Qualification Support – (discretionary) financial support covering the cost of professional qualifications, including institute membership, exams, study materials and completion bonuses.
- Team fun – warm and social culture with regular get togethers
Bell and Clements is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or parental status.