Coverholder Oversight Assistant
Bell & Clements is a specialist insurance company offering expertise in underwriting, broking and capacity management provisions for Excess and Surplus (E&S) lines insurance solutions. The unique combination of broking and underwriting divisions provides the ability to quote and bind risks through inhouse binding authorities, while providing customers with access to Lloyd’s, US and international markets. Bell & Clements has been part of the Munich Re Group since 2007 and is a registered Lloyd’s broker. There are over 150 staff based across the London headquarters and two U.S offices in Virginia and New Jersey with close collaboration throughout.
Bell & Clements offers industry leading technology solutions that benefit both customers and inhouse processes. Being part of the Munich Re Group enables an inclusive culture that is progressive and ambitious with an established employee benefits program.
Why join us?
We are a responsible employer, a value-adding partner, and an innovative name in the insurance market. Building on a proven industry background over 35 years, we have developed and grown a unique and market-leading brand. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Munich Re, we have access to the expertise, products and risk appetite of one of the largest and most successful insurance groups in the world. Our business is continuing to grow, and a key commitment is to not only expand our team through recruiting new roles but also through development opportunities to ensure we are always supporting our talented experts in their career journey. Our talent pool makes us who we are, and our inclusive culture means we are looking to continue to build our team with broad expertise, diverse backgrounds, and ambitious employees. Being part of Bell & Clements provides access to multiple health and wellbeing benefits, work and life balance initiatives (including hybrid working), financial wellbeing packages as well as training, development and career opportunities.
The Role – Coverholder Oversight Assistant, based in Bell and Clements London Office.
Working as part of the Coverholder Oversight team, the purpose of this position is to provide support to the departments within B&C around delegated authority matters and to help manage Bell & Clements’ (“B&C”) relationships with its Coverholders. To ensure compliance with B&C’s obligations as set out in its own Delegated Underwriting Authority Agreements and to help ensure all B&C coverholders follow annual compliance/attestation requirements and satisfy audit recommendations. You will report into the Coverholder Oversight Manager.
- To support the preparation and delivery of regular reports to different B&C boards and committees to include reporting delays, audit reports and findings.
- Help with the initial collection and collation of due diligence information for prospective new Coverholders.
- In the case of prospective Coverholders that B&C sub-delegate to review due diligence information obtained, identify shortfalls in information provided and communicate with the prospective Coverholder for full and satisfactory information to support the approval process.
- Completing Lloyd’s Atlas Coverholder applications.
- To help complete post-approval changes in Atlas, including new classes of business, Atlas relationships, key staff, ownership/name changes.
- Due diligence checks before a delegated authority renewal, ensuring the annual compliance is not due, E&O/PI, financials and licences are current, and that there are no outstanding audit recommendations.
- Collaborate with Coverholders to maintain the necessary compliance information to ensure B&C remains compliant with its own obligations under its delegated authority agreements with insurers and multiple regulatory bodies.
- Help with the oversight of existing Coverholders to ensure they remain compliant with insurer requirements for approval, including assisting in the completion of annual compliance tasks and obtaining annual attestations from Coverholders as they fall due with Lloyd’s, GLISE or other insurers.
- To abide by the procedures of Bell & Clements Ltd.
- To assist in the scheduling and management of external audits of B&C’s sub-delegated Coverholders and TPAs.
- Experience of London market is required.
- Experience overseeing Coverholder compliance.
- Competent using computerised systems and standard software.
- Team player and willing to engage with other areas of the business.
- This position is offered on a Permanent basis.
- Annual salary will be dependent on the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
- Annual leave - 25 days per year (not including bank holidays), increases with length of service
- Health & Wellbeing – our offering includes private medical insurance for employees, their partners and their families, a Digital GP service and an allowance of up to £550 per year for any activities and/or equipment which supports health and wellbeing.
- Hybrid and remote working – to support your work balance we have introduced hybrid working. You will be provided with designated office desk space , with support to work from home up to a maximum of three days per week
- Flexible working hours – the opportunity to flex your working hours.
- Professional Qualification Support – (discretionary) financial support covering the cost of professional qualifications, including institute membership, exams, study materials and completion bonuses.
- Team fun – warm and social culture with regular get togethers
Bell and Clements is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or parental status.