Project Manager - Client On-Boarding
Bell & Clements is a specialist insurance company offering expertise in underwriting, broking and capacity management provisions for Excess and Surplus (E&S) lines insurance solutions. The unique combination of broking and underwriting divisions provides the ability to quote and bind risks through inhouse binding authorities, while providing customers with access to Lloyd’s, US and international markets. Bell & Clements has been part of the Munich Re Group since 2007 and is a registered Lloyd’s broker. There are over 150 staff based across the London headquarters and two U.S offices in Virginia and New Jersey with close collaboration throughout.
Bell & Clements offers industry leading technology solutions that benefit both customers and inhouse processes. Being part of the Munich Re Group enables an inclusive culture that is progressive and ambitious with an established employee benefits program.
Why join us?
We are a responsible employer, a value-adding partner, and an innovative name in the insurance market. Building on a proven industry background over 35 years, we have developed and grown a unique and market-leading brand. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Munich Re, we have access to the expertise, products and risk appetite of one of the largest and most successful insurance groups in the world. Our business is continuing to grow, and a key commitment is to not only expand our team through recruiting new roles but also through development opportunities to ensure we are always supporting our talented experts in their career journey. Our talent pool makes us who we are, and our inclusive culture means we are looking to continue to build our team with broad expertise, diverse backgrounds, and ambitious employees. Being part of Bell & Clements provides access to multiple health and wellbeing benefits, work and life balance initiatives (including hybrid working),financial wellbeing packages as well as training, development and career opportunities.
The Role: Project Manager – Client On-boarding. Reporting into the Senior Project Manager
B&C IT underpins the services that support both internal and external clients and has proven pivotal to the success of the organisation. The growth of the IT estate and progressive plans for the future necessitates the addition of an additional Project Manager to join our team in London with a specific remit to manage our client on-boarding journey. The successful integration of our clients into B&C is paramount to the business. At the heart of the B&C Client Service technology lies the “Bridge” which acts as the conduit for the traffic of all client transactions and as a secure portal through which external users can view and manage their data.
B&C is undergoing significant growth. As part of that growth B&C is creating a dedicated Client On-boarding team within the business, whose sole priority will be to on-board new clients, new contracts and to enhance our integration services. This London based permanent role is focussed on the Project Management for onboarding new clients and oversight of integration services which comprise of basic Excel bordereau file ingestion methods through to real time data solutions using XML/SOAP or JSON/RestAPI.
At any one time there can be upwards of 15 projects to be overseen, including projects where clients have upgraded their systems necessitating a change in the method of integration. In addition, this role has been assigned the responsibility for enhancing the current onboarding process as well as integration methods to simplify and optimise the process in a way that improves the customer experience and reduces the effort expended.
The job holder will be responsible for all project management responsibilities including co-ordination and completion of projects on time, within budget and scope. The role will oversee all aspects of projects, including setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, monitoring, managing client communications and working with various teams within the business for the successful completion of projects.
- Initiate client integration projects according to an evolving project management governance framework, taking accountability for the production of all pre-requisite artefacts.
- Ensure that projects are managed to support the business strategy
- Co-ordinate internal resources and assist clients to achieve a flawless onboarding.
- Work with our Managed Underwriting, Broking, Compliance, Technical, Accounting and Technology teams and our clients to ensure the scope, method and requirements of the integration are defined. This role will ensure that any changes to scope are managed effectively through project change management.
- Ensure that all onboarding activities are delivered within scope, budget and on time to fulfil contract inception deadlines.
- Ensure that all data integrations are tested and signed off before going live.
- Support clients with advice and technical guidance to facilitate their undertakings for establishment and ongoing management of the integration.
- Identify priorities between and within projects whilst managing stakeholder expectations.
- Plan, schedule, monitor and report activities related to all client on-boarding projects, supported by regular communication on progress and issues to all key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the business, IT management and Technicians to identify risks and issues.
- Control and management of third parties assigned to project delivery, ensuring adherence to contract, budget, scope and milestones.
- Taking the initiative to identify areas for improvement, defining and expediting the changes necessary to enhance the delivery of integration and elevate the customer experience.
Key Skills and Experience
- 2-3 years of experience in IT project management
- Insurance knowledge preferable (but not essential)
- Prior experience of XML and JSON data integrations
- Ability to lead and direct projects without compromising business outcomes and priority constraints.
- Prior experience of close collaboration with Dev/Test to introduce automated test suites
- Strong client relationship management skills with a talent for resolving problems in a collaborative way
- Excellent communication skills with strong experience in managing the interests of various project stakeholders.
- Strong organisation skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Good standard of literacy, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Innovative mindset and able to identify areas for process and technological improvements
- A self-motived individual, driven with the desire for project success and able to take the initiative to address issues.
- There is potential for US travel in order to support the management of the Client’s integration responsibilities but this is unlikely to exceed more than 3 trips per year.
- Preferable - Project Management Qualifications, Agile, Prince2
- This position is offered on a permanent basis
- Annual salary will be dependent on the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
- Annual leave - 25 days per year (not including bank holidays), increases with length of service
- Health & Wellbeing – our offering includes private medical insurance for employees, their partners and their families, a Digital GP service and an allowance of up to £550 per year for any activities and/or equipment which supports health and wellbeing.
- Hybrid and remote working – to support your work balance we have introduced hybrid working. You will be provided with designated office desk space , with support to work from home up to a maximum of three days per week
- Flexible working hours – the opportunity to flex your working hours.
- Professional Qualification Support – (discretionary) financial support covering the cost of professional qualifications, including institute membership, exams, study materials and completion bonuses.
- Team fun – warm and social culture with regular get togethers
Bell and Clements is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or parental status.