Compliance Risk Assistant
Bell & Clements is a specialist insurance company offering expertise in underwriting, broking and capacity management provisions for Excess and Surplus (E&S) lines insurance solutions. The unique combination of broking and underwriting divisions provides the ability to quote and bind risks through inhouse binding authorities, while providing customers with access to Lloyd’s, US and international markets. Bell & Clements has been part of the Munich Re Group since 2007 and is a registered Lloyd’s broker. There are over 150 staff based across the London headquarters and two U.S offices in Virginia and New Jersey with close collaboration throughout.
Bell & Clements offers industry leading technology solutions that benefit both customers and inhouse processes. Being part of the Munich Re Group enables an inclusive culture that is progressive and ambitious with an established employee benefits program.
Why join us?
We are a responsible employer, a value-adding partner, and an innovative name in the insurance market. Building on a proven industry background over 35 years, we have developed and grown a unique and market-leading brand. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Munich Re, we have access to the expertise, products and risk appetite of one of the largest and most successful insurance groups in the world. Our business is continuing to grow, and a key commitment is to not only expand our team through recruiting new roles but also through development opportunities to ensure we are always supporting our talented experts in their career journey. Our talent pool makes us who we are, and our inclusive culture means we are looking to continue to build our team with broad expertise, diverse backgrounds, and ambitious employees. Being part of Bell & Clements provides access to multiple health and wellbeing benefits, work and life balance initiatives (including hybrid working), financial wellbeing packages as well as training, development and career opportunities.
Compliance & Risk Assistant Based in London Offices
You will work and report into the compliance officer, you will work on a hybrid working policy. The purpose of this position is to assist the Compliance Officer and the wider Risk Management & Compliance Support Department (“RMCS”) with conducting ad-hoc tasks and projects important for ensuring Bell & Clements Limited’s compliance with its legal and regulatory obligations.
- Support the Compliance Officer and wider Risk Management & Compliance Support (“RMCS”) team with identifying, analysing, and responding to regulatory change.
- Work with the RMCS team and the business to implement ongoing monitoring of legal and regulatory developments. Also, to compiling and delivering compliance training, newsletters and articles to the business.
- Create, review, and amend RMCS policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Help the Compliance Officer with management of the Fit and Proper Framework.
- Help produce monthly internal reports to Committees of the Board of Management and important external partners.
- Update B&C’s Terms of Business Agreement to existing clients.
- Maintain our conflicts of interest register and conduct remediation activity to reduce conflicts.
- Help conduct sanction searches and activity to discount potential positive matches, including the review of monthly batch checking, ad hoc searches, pre-bind searches where required, searches required for claims and the oversight and remediation of sanction exception reporting.
- Help with the annual approval and sign-off of new/renewing binding authority agreements.
- Responsible for the loading and maintaining B&C’s information in the Lloyd’s ATLAS system.
- Support the new coverholder/producing broker approval process, including the review of due diligence information, to ensure B&C remains compliant with its various regulatory bodies.
- Help production and issuance of key business relationship documentation upon coverholder/producing broker approval.
- Help with audits including Bell & Clements.
- Conduct assurance activity on IBA sign-off of payments, cheque usage and security, gifts and entertainment and Exchequer (third party supplier) accounts.
- Manage the approval process for the opening of Exchequer accounts.
- Maintain the Compliance System (CIS), Company Contacts, Global, ImageRight and the compliance logs.
Key Skills and Experience
- Excellent soft skillset
- Work both within a team and individually.
- Conscientious and motivated with detail orientated.
- Organisational Experience.
- MS Office
- This position is offered on a permanent basis.
- Annual salary will be dependent on the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
- Annual leave - 25 days per year (not including bank holidays), increases with length of service.
- Health & Wellbeing – our offering includes private medical insurance for employees, their partners and their families, a Digital GP service and an allowance of up to £550 per year for any activities and/or equipment which supports health and wellbeing.
- Hybrid and remote working – to support your work balance we have introduced hybrid working. You will be provided with designated office desk space, with support to work from home up to a maximum of three days per week
- Flexible working hours – the opportunity to flex your working hours.
- Professional Qualification Support – (discretionary) financial support covering the cost of professional qualifications, including institute membership, exams, study materials and completion bonuses.
- Team fun – warm and social culture with regular get togethers.
Bell and Clements is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or parental status.
Tags: London | Compliance