Claims Specialist, Property (Claims Adjuster)
Bell & Clements is a specialist insurance company offering expertise in underwriting, broking and capacity management provisions for Excess and Surplus (E&S) lines insurance solutions. The unique combination of broking and underwriting divisions provides the ability to quote and bind risks through inhouse binding authorities, while providing customers with access to Lloyd’s, US and international markets. Bell & Clements has been part of the Munich Re Group since 2007 and is a registered Lloyd’s broker. There are over 150 staff based across the London headquarters and two U.S offices in Virginia and New Jersey with close collaboration throughout.
Bell & Clements offers industry leading technology solutions that benefit both customers and inhouse processes. Being part of the Munich Re Group enables an inclusive culture that is progressive and ambitious with an established employee benefits program.
Why join us?
We are a responsible employer, a value-adding partner, and an innovative name in the insurance market. Building on a proven industry background over 35 years, we have developed and grown a unique and market-leading brand. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Munich Re, we have access to the expertise, products and risk appetite of one of the largest and most successful insurance groups in the world. Our business is continuing to grow, and a key commitment is to not only expand our team through recruiting new roles but also through development opportunities to ensure we are always supporting our talented experts in their career journey. Our talent pool makes us who we are, and our inclusive culture means we are looking to continue to build our team with broad expertise, diverse backgrounds, and ambitious employees. Being part of Bell & Clements provides access to multiple health and wellbeing benefits, work and life balance initiatives (including hybrid working),financial wellbeing packages as well as training, development and career opportunities.
Claims Specialist, Property (Claims Adjuster) Based in London Offices
The Claims Specialist in the Property team is a critical role in our growing Claims Department, and will be responsible to direct all aspects of file handling on both in-house and third-party administered property claims, with growth opportunity in depth of technical handling and multi-faceted professional development. The Claims Specialist will also direct the adjusting and litigation process, strategically partner with counsel, experts and vendors, and drive optimal claim resolutions. The Claims Specialist will analyse and determine coverage, manage the claim investigation, evaluate the overall claim, communicate promptly with internal and external stakeholders, and pursue recoveries and risk transfer where warranted in a variety of property claims.
- Thorough investigation and assessment of claims for coverage, and damages, and pursuit of recoveries and subrogation/contribution opportunities.
- In-depth understanding of coverage issues, policy forms, contracts, regulatory requirements, and changing legal landscape for property and casualty claims.
- Proactive and prompt management of claims, considering all aspects with a strategic vision for optimal claim outcome.
- Continual evaluation claim to set appropriate, timely reserves over the life of the claim to reflect changes in exposure.
- Demonstrate strong technical claims proficiency through consistent execution of best claim practices.
- Strategically coordinate and manage outside counsel and vendors to obtain optimal claim outcome.
- Present high exposure claims to Claims Leadership and Key Stakeholders.
- Collaborate with internal and external business partners for client meetings, product development and improvement, and account audits.
- Innovative mindset - looks for ways to improve claim efficiencies and outcomes.
- Financial reserve and settlement authority will be dependent on the skills and experience of the successful candidate
- Proactively managing claims with a strategic, total cost of claim mindset.
Highly technical analytical and critical thinking ability to properly determine coverage and liability
Key Skills and Experience
- 5 years plus experience of property claims; experience in casualty and auto/cargo (physical damage) lines is a plus.
- Detail-oriented, adaptable, and strategic in decision-making.
- Understanding of technical claims proficiency and execution of best claim practices.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and remain self-motivated in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills and time management of claims desk.
- Strong business acumen and ability to collaborate with other departments and vendors.
- Customer-service and relationship oriented.
- Innovative, dynamic and growth mindset.
- Good verbal and writing skills for internal and external communication, presentations and reporting.
- Good analytical thinking, advocacy and negotiation skills.
- This position is offered on a permanent basis
- Annual salary will be dependent on the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
- Annual leave - 25 days per year (not including bank holidays), increases with length of service
- Health & Wellbeing – our offering includes private medical insurance for employees, their partners and their families, a Digital GP service and an allowance of up to £550 per year for any activities and/or equipment which supports health and wellbeing.
- Hybrid and remote working – to support your work balance we have introduced hybrid working. You will be provided with designated office desk space , with support to work from home up to a maximum of three days per week
- Flexible working hours – the opportunity to flex your working hours.
- Professional Qualification Support – (discretionary) financial support covering the cost of professional qualifications, including institute membership, exams, study materials and completion bonuses.
- Team fun – warm and social culture with regular get togethers
Bell and Clements is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or parental status.