Binding Authority Technician
Bell & Clements is a specialist insurance company offering expertise in underwriting, broking and capacity management provisions for Excess and Surplus (E&S) lines insurance solutions. The unique combination of broking and underwriting divisions provides the ability to quote and bind risks through inhouse binding authorities, while providing customers with access to Lloyd’s, US and international markets. Bell & Clements has been part of the Munich Re Group since 2007 and is a registered Lloyd’s broker. There are over 150 staff based across the London headquarters and two U.S offices in Virginia and New Jersey with close collaboration throughout.
Bell & Clements offers industry leading technology solutions that benefit both customers and inhouse processes. Being part of the Munich Re Group enables an inclusive culture that is progressive and ambitious with an established employee benefits program.
Why join us?
We are a responsible employer, a value-adding partner, and an innovative name in the insurance market. Building on a proven industry background over 35 years, we have developed and grown a unique and market-leading brand. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Munich Re, we have access to the expertise, products and risk appetite of one of the largest and most successful insurance groups in the world. Our business is continuing to grow, and a key commitment is to not only expand our team through recruiting new roles but also through development opportunities to ensure we are always supporting our talented experts in their career journey. Our talent pool makes us who we are, and our inclusive culture means we are looking to continue to build our team with broad expertise, diverse backgrounds, and ambitious employees. Being part of Bell & Clements provides access to multiple health and wellbeing benefits, work and life balance initiatives (including hybrid working),financial wellbeing packages as well as training, development and career opportunities.
Technical Department - Binder Team
Based in London, the Technical Department currently has a team of 10 employees. Within the Technical Department, the Binding Authority team currently consists of 5 people.
The Role - Binding Authority Administrative Assistant
Reporting to the Binding Authority Technical Management team, the purpose of this role will primarily be to contribute towards the smooth running of the Binding Authority team within the Technical Department, providing support to the Broking and Managed Underwriting departments, with particular attention being made towards the points detailed below.
- Maintenance/back-up of the Binding Authority diary.
- Assist with production of Confirmations of Cover, Endorsements and other general correspondence.
- Scanning, photocopying, filing and general administration.
- Bordereaux general processing.
- To learn and assist where necessary in all areas of the binding authority team.
- To abide by the policies and procedures of Bell & Clements Limited.
- Awareness of FCA rules as may be applicable to this role.
Key Skills and Experience
- Good standard of literacy, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexibility and ability to meet deadlines.
- MS Office skills essential, knowledge of insurance/broking systems desirable.
- General office experience and/or specific exposure to the insurance industry would be an advantage.
- This position is offered on a permanent basis
- Annual salary will be dependent on the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
- Annual leave - 25 days per year (not including bank holidays), increases with length of service
- Health & Wellbeing – our offering includes private medical insurance for employees, their partners and their families, a Digital GP service and an allowance of up to £550 per year for any activities and/or equipment which supports health and wellbeing.
- Hybrid and remote working – to support your work balance we have introduced hybrid working. You will be provided with designated office desk space , with support to work from home up to a maximum of three days per week
- Flexible working hours – the opportunity to flex your working hours.
- Professional Qualification Support – (discretionary) financial support covering the cost of professional qualifications, including institute membership, exams, study materials and completion bonuses.
- Team fun – warm and social culture with regular get togethers
Bell and Clements is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or parental status.